Thursday, January 6, 2011

Radian Pro E3B Connectors changed to XT60's



One of the first changes I made to the stock Radian Pro RC sailplane was to cut off the blue E3B connectors on the speed controller and solder on a new XT60. I found that while trying to disconnect the E3B that I nearly pulled the ESC out of the plane because it was so hard to pull apart.

I've switched all my RC toys over to these type connectors as I've found them to be much more reliable and of better quality  than both Dean's  and  the E3B connectors found on the stock Radian Pro.

Made from nylon and gold plated spring connectors that are installed during the injection molding process, the XT60 gives you a solid high amp connection that is perfect for applications up to 65 amp. 

I get mine off of Ebay from backbaycomputerguy. The connectors Chris sells are not cheap spin offs , but of the highest quality available and he will sell you just one or as many as you might want.

If you know how to solder, I highly recommend you try them, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment