Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Homemade Field Box

This wooden field box is easy to build, inexpensive and is perfect for getting all the stuff you need to start your nitro bird up to the flight line.

It is designed to carry a gallon jug of fuel, Starter with a 12 volt gel cell battery, glo plug igniter, fuel pump and a few hand tools.

All the materials I needed for this project were available at my local home improvement store for under $15.00 not including paint. I had enough material left over to build a second box. I'll be painting mine with some epoxy paint I have around the shop as it will protect the wood from any nitro spills.



Materials:

(1) 1"x10"x6'Pine Board
(1) 1"3"x8' Pine Board
A handful of 1-5/8" sheetrock screws.

Tools Used:

Skill Saw
Jig Saw
Drill & Bits

Consumables:

Sand Paper
Wood Glue

Plans:

Click Image for Larger View


No comments:

Post a Comment